Find your scheme

Whether you’re a first-time buyer or looking to buy your next home, there are plenty of schemes designed to help you own your home.

By answering a few questions about yourself we can find you the schemes that could be right for you…

Please choose the option that best describes you:
Help to answer
  • If you pay rent directly to a person, a company or a letting agency, select ‘Private sector tenant’.
  • If you pay rent directly to a council, select ‘Council tenant’.
  • If you pay rent directly to a housing association, select ‘Housing association tenant’. Unless you own a share in your home, in which case select ‘Homeowner’.
  • If you own or part-own your home, select ‘Homeowner’.
  • Don’t worry if none of these options describe you, select ‘None of the above’.

(Answer the following question if you're a Housing Association tenant:)

In the past, did you rent your current home from your council? And not from your housing association.
Help to answer

If you don’t know, you can find out by asking your landlord. Otherwise select ‘Don’t remember’.

(Answer the following question if you're not currently a Homeowner:)

Have you ever owned a home?
Help to answer
  • If you have ever owned or part-owned any home in any country select ‘Yes’ – even if you did not live there yourself.
  • If you have ever had a mortgage select ‘Yes’.
Help to answer

A rough estimate of your annual income will do. We only ask because some schemes have a maximum income limit.

Annual income is the amount of money you make every year before you subtract taxes and other deductions, ie your ‘gross income’.

Income includes:

  • pay – your earnings before tax and National Insurance (check your P60 or payslips if you’re employed, or your Self Assessment tax return if you’re self-employed)
  • benefits from your employer (check your P11D or P9D)
  • certain state benefits
  • money from a pension – including your State Pension
  • interest on savings.

Please enter a number with no letters, symbols or spaces.

Tick anything which applies to you. If nothing, press 'Continue'.
Help to answer
  • If you intend to buy with someone described above, select the option that describes them.
  • If you will be 55 years old or over when you intend to buy, select ‘Aged 55 or older’.
  • If you will be disabled for at least 1 year when you intend to buy, select ‘Long-term disabled’.
  • If you work with the UK armed forces but you are not regular service personnel, eg you are a reservist or belong to the Territorial Army, do not select ‘UK armed forces’ and select ‘Continue’.