Right to Buy: Contact an agent

If you are a council tenant and have had a public sector tenancy for at least 3 years, you may be eligible to buy your home at a discount under the Right to Buy scheme. You may also have a Preserved Right to Buy if you are a housing association tenant, but you were a council tenant and were living in your rented home when the council transferred it to the housing association.

The government’s official Right to Buy Agent service is here to help council and housing association tenants like you who are interested in understanding and taking up your Right to Buy your home.

The service offers free and impartial advice on Right to Buy and, if you decide home ownership is the right choice for you, our advisers can also help you through the process of buying your home.

Our advisers can help you with:

  • finding out if you are eligible
  • working out your discount
  • guidance about the costs involved
  • completing your application form

Helping you make the right choice

Whether you would like help in understanding your eligibility, the level of discount you could get, or guidance on affordability and working out the costs involved, our advisers are here to help. They can also guide you through filling out your application and can provide practical information on taking those next steps.


A right to buy adviser wearing a headset in front of computer

Contact an agent

Our advisers are available Monday to Friday from 9am (except bank holidays). You can call them by phone until 6pm or email them.